How To Be A Part-time Entrepreneur
There are a plethora of people wanting to start a business, but they just don’t take that first step. There are many reasons for this resistance to move on their desire. The dream sits for years, sometimes decades, always at the back of their minds. It often creates anxiety, as the entrepreneur bug keeps nagging at them. I can relate to this, as I waited nearly 30 years before I took the plunge into the world of business ownership.
So, what keeps people from just jumping in and doing what they truly want to do? There are many reasons; the most common are:
- Lack of self-confidence
- Insufficient funds to go without revenue during the start-up period
- Not knowing enough about owning a business
- Friends and family discouraging them from making the move
For those who want to become an entrepreneur, but can’t make a full 100% commitment, I recommend starting the business part-time while you keep your full-time employment. This eliminates the gap between when you quit employment and start bringing in your new business revenue. There are a few things to consider that will help with this transition:
- Find help from someone who can help you learn the industry quickly.
- Make sure you’ll be able to start and build the business without having it interfere with your current employment.
- Choose an industry that allows for a flexible schedule so you can develop your business around your required full-time work hours.
As the founder of the premier home and and business personal property inventory Business Package and Licensing Agreement, I can assure you this is a business that will meet all of these needs. The reasons for this (and these tips will help you compare with other industries) are:
- We provide a detailed manual along with one-on-one mentoring and coaching. You’ll gain the knowledge we’ve achieved during our more than 12 years in the industry. This knowledge that you’ll gain quickly will help give you the confidence you need to present your new service in a professional manner.
- Through the Licensing Agreement, we create your logo, website, marketing materials (including a monthly electronic newsletter), and you have the rights to all intellectual property. This enables you to work on building your business while we build your marketing package.
- The home and business inventory service is scheduled at the clients’ home or place of business. It is very easy to schedule your inventory appointments around your full-time employment work schedule. For those times when there is a conflict, you can hire a trusted person to do the inventory for you, and you’ll make passive income while you’re at your full-time job.
As you grow your business, you’ll be able to continue working until you’ve gained enough clients that will sustain you. At that time, you will have the confidence to make the step towards a full-time entrepreneur. Or, you just might find that being a part-time entrepreneur fulfills your dream of business ownership. With that, you’ll have chosen the perfect industry that enables you to continue to remain a full-time employee while enjoying the extra income and pride you gained through your part-time business.
Whatever you decide, you’ve taken the steps required to move forward with your dream.